Summer Food Service Program | Families
Beginning Monday Des Moines Public School district will be offering free meals to children 18 years of age or younger as part of their Summer Food Service Program.
A total of 24 sites throughout the metro area will provide lunch with 11 sites providing breakfast.
Various activities will also be offered throughout the summer as part of the program. Activities will include:
- FoodCorps will discuss local foods once a week during lunch times at the South Suburban YMCA on Tuesdays, Carver Elementary on Wednesday, and Union Park on Thursdays.
- Nutrition education, planting, reading, clowning, and playing at Crivaro Park on Thursdays from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Nutrition education and physical activity programs beginning June 11th. Programs will begin 30 minutes after lunch begins at the following locations:
- Willard Elementary on Mondays
- Hillis Elementary and Ashfield Park on Tuesdays
- King Elementary on Thursdays
Free meals will be made available most week days except July 4th. A list of dates, times, and locations can be found on the Des Moines School website or by calling 242-7636.