Street Closure Notice for September 23 - 25 | News
The City of Des Moines has issued the following street closure warnings:
- Grand Avenue from 35th Street to 31st Street Eastbound lanes only will be closed from 4:00 pm to 8:30 pm for the Des Moines University Reunion 5K.
- Grand Avenue from 42nd Street to 35th Street South Eastbound lane only will be closued from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm for the Des Moines University Reunion 5K.
Eastbound traffic will be detoured to Ingersoll Avenue at 35th Street and assist with the lane closures.
- University Avenue from 23rd Street to 25th Street, 24th Street from University Avenue south to 1153 24th Street and north to 1220 24th Street will be closed from noon to midnight on Saturday for the Dogtown Fest event.
- Hubbell Avenue from Guthrie Avenue to East 29th Street will be closed to all but local traffic starting 6:00 am for milling, patching and cleanup. On Saturday, October 1, the roadway will be closed to all traffic starting 6:00 am for construction of an asphalt overlay. A detour will be posted using Easton Boulevard and East 33rd Street.
- Crocker Street from 5th Street to 9th Street will be closed to all but local traffic from 6:00 am on Sunday for milling, patching and cleanup. On Sunday, October 2, this roadway will be closed to all traffic from 6:00 am for construction of an asphalt overlay.
- Locust Street from Fleur Drive to 15th Street and Locust Street from 5th Avenue to 3rd Street will be closed from 6:00 am to 11:00 am on Sunday, September 25 for the Capital Pursuit Run event.
Motorists are urged to use caution when driving in these areas. Obey all signs, leave ample space between vehicles and wear seatbelts. In the case of special events, watch out for children, pedestrians and pets. Moving violations in construction zones are at least doubled.